Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Super8filmmaker magazine

  1. #1
    Mercutio
    Guest Mercutio's Avatar

    Post

    To the community;

    I am looking for Super 8 Filmmaker magazines. As a teaching assistant for several Super 8 classes at Boston's Museum School/Tufts University (one of the few schools totally dedicated to S8) I am constantly searching for sources of information on methods and techniques, S8 history, etc. This great, late, much lamented magazine is a fun and invaluable resource still. For example, just for trivia, one of the copies I have announces the production of a super 8 film that was to be processed 'in cartridge'. Whoa. I don't think they were referring to Polavision, but I don't think it ever made it to market (any info out there?). Anyhow, I am working on a way to get the magazines donated to the Museum of Fine Arts - Boston, but would be willing to also borrow copies to Xerox, or possibly purchase copies.
    Thanks,

    Matt Ryan

    ------------------

  2. #2
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    University Libraries would probably be your best bet. I know UCLA has bound copies of them. I xeroxed quite a few myself...

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I've bought a few on ebay, but they're expensive, and not always interesting.
    Some are great, others are just product review oriented.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    c_77
    Guest c_77's Avatar

    Post


    Does anybody know any good magazines currently available related to 16mm and 8mm filmmaking?

    Thanx-Chris

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Scottness
    Guest Scottness's Avatar

    Post

    I just noticed a whole lot on ebay now http://cq-search.ebay.com.au/search/...taEndSort&shor tcut=3

    Scot M

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Mercutio
    Guest Mercutio's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks. I think I will bid for a few select ones.

    ------------------

  7. #7
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    In Germany, we have the "Schmalfilm", a monthly magazine...
    Pedro

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •